Last updated: October 2017
- House Of Free (United Kingdom)(“we”,”us”) is the registered owner of this prize draw website (www.houseoffree.com) and owns all rights, including the site’s IP, copyrights and trademarks.
- We are committed to protecting the security of the data that you provide us with and we will seek to ensure that your personal data, along with your consent usage permissions are handled and maintained in a secure and data-protection compliant environment at all times.
- We seek to fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the Electronic EU Regulations 2011 as well with the forthcoming EU GDPR regulations expected to be in force in 2018. If you wish to find out more, please visit https://ico.org.uk/.
- We collect personal information when you visit our website. ‘Personal information’ or ‘personal data’ means the information you provide when entering our prize draws.
- We may collect the following information on you:
Your date of birth
Your contact information, including email and phone numbers
Your address and postcode
Your consent to receive further marketing communications and us and our selected partners via various different media
- We use your personal information collected via our website to:
Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
Run prize draws and promotions
Pass on your details to selected companies which provide you with other offers and promotions of interest to you
Help other companies profile and extend their databases
- Depending on the consents that you set up at the time of registration and what personal information we hold about you, we may pass your personal information to Site Sponsors, Brand Partners or Data Partners (collectively third parties”) who may contact you by post, email, mobile, SMS and MMS text message for direct marketing purposes.
- Email and SMS data will only be released to third parties where you have given your positive consent (usually at the time of registration) allowing you to fully understand your registration preferences.
- You can change or update your communication preferences at any time here by contact us via the website contact page
- Telephone data will only be released to carefully selected partners where it has been TPS’d (see section 45 below). Note : if you request a call from one of our sponsors or brand partners this will override the TPS.
- The data that we provide our third parties may be added to the information that they already hold about you.
- When first contacting you, they always will seek your appropriate opt in and consent.
- Data sharing in this way allows them to contact you in their own name about their products, services, promotions, offers and competitions, and/or to update their records for fraud prevention, debt tracing and anti-money laundering purposes
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by third parties for direct marketing purposes;
if you have previously agreed to us or others using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by going to the contact section of the website
- We believe that you should be in control of the use of your data, that is why at all stages we offer you the option of Opting In or Out of receiving marketing communications from ourselves and our various partners.
- You may change your preferences at any time via the contact page.
- Third-party providers are able to send you communications via email, post, SMS or telephone only until such time as you exercise your right to opt out of receiving such communications. However please be aware that marketing campaigns are often planned well in advance, so your changes will be accepted immediately, but may not be effective immediately.
- We store all data collected in an encrypted environment and only for as long as is necessary However, despite our best efforts the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
Your Choices/Options in Relation to Personal Data
You have the right to:
a. obtain access to your personal data
b. receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data
c. prevent processing which may cause you damage or distress
d. object to direct marketing
e. object to purely automated decision-making in certain cases
f. you have the right to seek compensation through the civil courts for a breach of a data controller’s obligations
g. ask us to correct any errors and/or delete the information we hold
h. opt out of any further contact by us or selected brand partners or sponsors
- If you would like to amend/delete details or contact us in relation to the above, please contact using the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- We automatically collect your IP address and record the web page from which you originated if you are using the service’s website.
- Cookies are used to increase your security, not infringe on your privacy. Cookies are needed to monitor, facilitate, administer and optimise the website and service for users and to earmark any possible technical issues that may arise within the website or the service. We may use your IP address to help identify you, tend to any difficulties and to gather demographic and profile information. We also use the ‘cookies’ to collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our website.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your web browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to do this, you may not be able to avail yourself of some or all of the functionalities that the website or the service may offer.
- You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address below, enclosing payment.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly endeavour to correct any information found to be incorrect.
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st October 2017 and will be revised as needed.